The Role: Commercial Manager
Reporting to: Senior Project Manager
Location: London & Hybrid
We are looking for a highly motivated, experienced, and driven Commercial Manager to join our project services team. As a Commercial Manager within our team, you will be responsible for the end-to-end commercial management of a portfolio of renewable energy projects across the UK. Commercially astute and technologically savvy you will be responsible for delivering on all commercial and contractual objectives of the projects.
With the current volatility in the energy market and the rapid technological change, agility is a critical component for ensuring that projects remain on track and the focus needs to be on trying to identify unknown emergent challenges in a proactive manner. This can only be achieved by following an integrated approach that fosters collaboration, utilises technology and draws upon the skills of the broader team. You will have the freedom to develop and implement robust commercial and contract management processes and deliver in line on project objectives.
This is a 12-month contract role with potential for extension. You must be able to travel to Arenko HQ in London once a week and travel to sites as and when required.
- You will review and interpret contract documents, including contractors, sub-contractors, and purchase orders.
- You will prepare accurate cost and value reports, including cost to complete and final account.
- You will identify and mitigate commercial and contractual risks and opportunities.
- Management of contractors and supplier to ensure compliance with contract conditions.
- You will escalate any contractual non-compliances to the Senior Project Manager for review and guidance.
- Prepare and present performance reports for each contract / contractor.
- You will negotiate and agree final accounts with contractors and suppliers.
- Ensure compliance with project budgets and financial targets.
- Provide commercial support to the Project Team, including advice on contract issues, disputes, and claims.
- You will identify key risks to the project budget and advise on possible mitigations.
- You have a degree in Commercial, Finance, Contract Management, Project Management or equivalent.
- You have at least 5 years of experience in a similar role in the construction industry, ideally within renewable energy.
- You have excellent knowledge of construction contracts and legislation with strong project reporting capabilities.
- You’re proficient in preparing project budgets, forecasting, financial evaluation, proposal review, contract negotiations, financial tracking, and invoicing.
- You’re a strong communicator with good negotiation skills.
- You have proficiency in MS Office, including Excel, SharePoint and Project.
- You can work independently and as part of a team and are able to present key inputs to senior stakeholders.
- Knowledge and / or experience within renewables such as solar, wind and energy storage would be beneficial but not essential.
- You have experience working on complex technical engineering projects and can work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- You have excellent attention to detail and can work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- You have a sound understanding of HSE requirements within the construction industry. Registration with relevant accreditation bodies would be beneficial.
As we move to the high-renewables and low carbon era, electricity storage is transforming the way the energy industry operates. The energy industry is fast becoming a digital and multidisciplinary sector that provides a fundamental service for modern society, but these needs must be delivered in a socially responsible way. Arenko are using new technology to add flexibility to the grid and secure supply in this fast-changing industry, offering a huge variety of opportunities for the future.
Arenko was founded in 2014 and we are growing rapidly in an emerging sector. Arenko is a fun, inclusive and fast-paced environment and our team are self-motivated, enthusiastic and take a collaborative approach to help the business develop and grow.
We offer a range of benefits including:
- 25 days holiday (+ bank holidays), carry over flex and festive office closure
- Flexible working
- Enhanced parental leave offerings
- Company pension scheme
- Annual learning and development budget
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Octopus EV Scheme
- A commitment to your wellbeing, with access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Monthly socials, Summer, and Christmas party
- Office breakfast, fruit, snacks and catered lunch and learns
At Arenko we are strongly committed to our mission of building a sustainable future by enabling a zero-carbon grid worldwide. Energy storage has a crucial role to play in the energy transition, and our technology enables the transformation of energy systems. We have committed a Sustainability Strategy more details of which can be found on our website at https://arenko.group/sustainability/
Here at Arenko, we want every employee to feel valued, comfortable, and able to be their own free self at work. Together, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and empowers the authentic voices of all our employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or any other aspect that makes you unique.
Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest blogs and/or checkout the news section of our website for more information on what we do:
– LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/arenko-cleantech
– Website https://arenko.group/news/
Our team is growing, and we would love your help in reinventing the energy system.