As Project Development Manager, you will be managing the development of battery energy storage projects across the UK. With strong understanding of the development side of the grid connection, design, planning and land leases aspects you will be developing within budget, scope and time multiple projects.
The energy industry is ever-changing and the challenge is to take an agile approach to ensure the projects remain able to compete across a variety of markets and use cases.
All these tasks are performed in close collaboration with the technical, software, markets, finance, business development and project management teams. You will develop the best delivery solutions with the freedom and responsibility to innovate and bring your project development skills to life.
- To assess potential restrictions for development and highlight areas suitable for development
- To manage the DNO or Grid-connection application, assessment, and acceptance process
- To identify landowners with suitable land for battery energy storage development, to negotiate and complete land HoTs, Option and Lease agreements
- To manage and complete the planning permissions
- To plan and manage all activities required for the successful delivery of projects within scope, time, and cost and produce weekly and monthly project performance reports
- To liaise with all parties involved DNO/TO, Landowners, Authorities, Planners, Consultants, EPC, ICP, Customers
- Managing multiple projects from development through to and including delivery
- Ideally, you will bring some experience in originating, qualifying and developing transmission or distributed power and energy projects in the UK.
- To have a good understanding of related commercials, legals, power project economics and corporate finance in energy storage projects.
- Ability to travel to sites as and when required
- 3-5 years of experience in battery energy storage or solar project development in UK;
- Experience originating and developing transmission or distributed energy projects in the UK
- Good understanding of battery energy project development
- Ability to work in multiple projects simultaneously independently and within a team setting
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Engineering background (preferable)
As we move to the high-renewables and low carbon era, electricity storage is transforming the way the energy industry operates. The energy industry is fast becoming a digital and multidisciplinary sector that provides a fundamental service for modern society, but these needs must be delivered in a socially responsible way. Arenko are using new technology to add flexibility to the grid and secure supply in this fast-changing industry, offering a huge variety of opportunities for the future.
Arenko was founded in January 2014 and we are growing rapidly in an emerging sector. Arenko is a fun, inclusive and fast-paced environment and our team are self-motivated, enthusiastic and take a collaborative approach to help the business develop and grow.
We offer a range of benefits including:
- 25 days annual leave (+ bank holidays), carry over flex and festive office closure
- Flexible working
- Enhanced parental leave offerings
- Company pension scheme
- Annual learning and development budget
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Octopus EV Scheme
- A commitment to your wellbeing, with access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Monthly socials, Summer, and Christmas party
- Office breakfast, fruit, snacks and catered lunch and learns
Finally, whilst joining a social and hard-working team, you will have access to some of the most prestigious employee competitions of all time: The Arenko Bake off and the annual Arenko Olympics.
Here at Arenko, we want every employee to feel valued, comfortable, and able to be their own free self at work. Together, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and empowers the authentic voices of all our employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or any other aspect that makes you unique.Apply here