Are you motivated by making technology work better?
Are you a team player, always willing to challenge the status quo?
And do you have a passion for energy storage projects?
The Role: Project Engineer
Reporting to: Senior Engineer
Location: London & Hybrid
As Project Engineer, you’ll have a dynamic technical role and be primarily responsible for providing technical support to our customers throughout the battery project lifecycle from development to commissioning. This enables our clients to make informed decisions and navigate the complex battery energy storage sector.
The energy industry is ever-changing, and our software plays a leading role in the decarbonisation and digitisation of the electricity system. We are in a period of unprecedented growth and are looking for enthusiastic team members to help bring new assets onto our market leading platform.
You will sit within Arenko’s close-knit Project Services team and work collaboratively with our Senior Engineer and Project Managers. The goal of this team is to accelerate the growth of new energy storage projects and provide our clients with technical support to complement our trading services. This will include engagement with suppliers and other third parties working across in the energy storage and electrical infrastructure sector.
- You will work in collaboration with the Project Service’s team to achieve a broad array of technical milestones for battery systems in the UK. This will include providing active support during the construction phase of transmission connected energy storage systems.
- You will provide client-facing technical services and reporting and provide technical support for the development of new energy storage projects.
- You will liaise with National Grid and DNO’s regarding grid connection opportunities and applications.
- You will use AutoCAD to draft layouts, elevations and single line diagrams for energy storage projects.
- You will review EPC, equipment supply and O&M proposals from contractors.
- You will review and understand the design of customers projects and how this impacts our trading activities.
- You will coordinate with customers during the commission phase of projects.
- Assist in state-of-the-art performance and market pre-qualification testing for energy storage assets.
- You’ll assist market entry processes, including technical registration and interfacing with the Independent Technical Expert (ITE).
- You will support design development of Arenko’s projects, products and services.
- You will liaise with Software and Product teams to help improve out services and technology.
- You’re a highly organised and adaptable team player with a passion for solving problems pragmatically and collaboratively.
- You have a degree in an engineering subject (ideally Electrical Engineering).
- You have proven hands-on electrical experience (4-5 years) in the renewable energy/storage sector, either as a developer, contractor, equipment provider, technical consultant or similar.
- You have technical experience of battery energy storage systems and commit to safe working on and off site.
- You have experience in the design review, construction phases of renewable energy projects and analysing large datasets (renewables performance assessments are ideal).
- You’re self-motivated and can build and maintain relationships with suppliers and customers.
- You have excellent literacy and numeracy skills with competence translating this into internal and external reports.
- You have an understanding of the UK electricity markets, metering and operations, High Voltage equipment and UK network connections.
- You want to make a real impact to climate change with innovative technology.
- Experience with AutoCAD.
- Experience with Python.
- Knowledge of Grid Code/G99 requirements.
As we move to the high-renewables and low carbon era, electricity storage is transforming the way the energy industry operates. The energy industry is fast becoming a digital and multidisciplinary sector that provides a fundamental service for modern society, but these needs must be delivered in a socially responsible way. Arenko are using new technology to add flexibility to the grid and secure supply in this fast-changing industry, offering a huge variety of opportunities for the future.
Arenko was founded in 2014 and we are growing rapidly in an emerging sector. Arenko is a fun, inclusive and fast-paced environment and our team are self-motivated, enthusiastic and take a collaborative approach to help the business develop and grow.
We offer a range of benefits including:
- 25 days holiday (+ bank holidays), carry over flex and festive office closure
- Flexible working
- Enhanced parental leave offerings
- Company pension scheme
- Annual learning and development budget
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Octopus EV Scheme
- A commitment to your wellbeing, with access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Monthly socials, Summer, and Christmas party
- Office breakfast, fruit, snacks and catered lunch and learns
At Arenko we are strongly committed to our mission of building a sustainable future by enabling a zero-carbon grid worldwide. Energy storage has a crucial role to play in the energy transition, and our technology enables the transformation of energy systems. We have committed a Sustainability Strategy more details of which can be found on our website at https://arenko.group/sustainability/
Here at Arenko, we want every employee to feel valued, comfortable, and able to be their own free self at work. Together, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and empowers the authentic voices of all our employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or any other aspect that makes you unique.
Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest blogs and/or checkout the news section of our website for more information on what we do:
– LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/arenko-cleantech
– Website https://arenko.group/news/
Our team is growing, and we would love your help in reinventing the energy system.Apply here