Asset ManagerApply now
As Asset Manager at Arenko, you’ll have a dynamic technical role. You will have access to rich live and historical data from the worlds most complex asserts along-side data about the innovative markets they are operating in. Levering these tools, you will be primarily responsible for maintaining consistently high performance of assets under Arenko’s control. This will include engagement with suppliers and other third parties to carry out preventative and reactive maintenance to systems, as well as managing each site’s O&M contracts for both performance tracking and operational activities. You will use a strong technical understanding of energy storage systems—as well as an aptitude for problem-solving—to taken on both client-facing and internal technical responsibility for Arenko’s portfolio of managed systems.
Teamwork and collaboration are a major aspect of the role: you will support the trading team with live decision-making and will interface with the technology team to support Arenko’s entry of systems into new and upcoming energy markets. You will also work with the software team providing key user input to help shape and evolve the asset management tools within the Arenko software platform: a globally significant tool in the evolution of low carbon energy systems. As part of the Operations team, you’ll work closely with team members from across the business to meet the most pressing technical needs. You’ll need to focus on adaptability both personally and with your core skillset as the markets we operate in and the problems we need to solve are quickly evolving.
- Work in a collaborative team to achieve a broad array of technical milestones for optimisation of battery systems in the UK
- Management and tracking of contracts and their associated data for multiple battery projects
- Analyse operational data and reconcile against supplier figures
- Schedule and orchestrate performance testing
- Track incidents and faults and engage with suppliers and stakeholders to achieve their resolution
- Produce reports to summarise key issues, lessons learned, track KPIs and make informed recommendations
- Provide client-facing asset management services (reporting and technical support, as required)
- Support development of Arenko’s asset management products and services
- Interface with the trading team to optimise asset availability and maintenance schedules
- Provide technical support on site design and development for new projects
- Assist market entry processes, including technical registration and prequalification testing
- A highly organised and adaptable team player
- A self-motivated individual with a passion for solving problems pragmatically and collaboratively
- Proven experience (3+ years) in complex asset project delivery and/or operations; experience in the energy sector is advantageous
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with suppliers
- Exceptional eye for detail and ability to identify trends as they unfold
- Excellent literacy and numeracy, with competence translating this into internal and client-facing reports
- Self-starter with an ability to manage multiple workstreams to different deadlines simultaneously
- Commitment to safe working on and off site
- Intent on making a real impact to climate change with innovative technology
DESIRABLE BUT NON-ESSENTIAL COMPETENCIES:
- Experience with energy storage operations, especially with battery energy storage systems
- Understanding of UK electricity markets and operations
- Understanding of UK electricity network connections
- Working knowledge of HSE best practice
As we move to the high-renewables era, electricity storage is transforming the way the energy industry operates. The energy industry is fast becoming a digital and multidisciplinary sector that provides a fundamental service for modern society, but these needs must be delivered in a socially responsible way. Arenko are using new technology to add flexibility to the grid and secure supply in this fast-changing industry, offering a huge variety of opportunities for the future.
Arenko was founded in January 2014 and we are growing rapidly in an emerging sector. Arenko is a fun, inclusive and fast-paced environment and our team are self-motivated, enthusiastic and take a collaborative approach to help the business develop and grow.
We offer a range of benefits including:
- 25 days annual leave (+ bank holidays)
- Flexible working
- Enhanced parental leave offerings
- Company pension scheme
- Monthly socials, Summer & Christmas Party
- Learning and development opportunities
- Bike to Work Scheme
- A commitment to your individual wellbeing, with access to our Employee Assistance Programme and other wellbeing initiatives.
- Office fruit, snacks and regular catered lunch and learns
Whilst joining a social and hard-working team, you will have access to some of the most prestigious employee competitions of all time: The Arenko Bake off and the annual Arenko Olympics.
Finally, here at Arenko, we want every employee to feel valued, comfortable and able to be their own free self at work. Together, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture that encourages, supports and empowers the authentic voices of all our employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or any other aspect that makes you unique.Apply now