Business Development Manager
As a Business Development Manager you will be focused on identifying new markets, both new technologies and geographies, for Arenko to expand into with their next generation software for the energy transition. This will involve market research, electricity market analysis, engaging with actual and potential partners and developing market entry strategies. We are commercialising the next generation of software for the energy transition. As energy storage and generation technology becomes more flexible, the industry needs software to match. We are changing the expensive and inflexible status quo and need your help to educate the energy industry. This is a great opportunity to join the rapidly growing flexibility sector at a leading energy start-up and to begin or continue a career focused on a carbon free future.
- Market research to assess new markets and quantify the opportunity
- Co-ordinate electricity market analysis to understand what is required to enter the new markets
- Engage with key stakeholders and potential partners to understand our product market fit
- Liaise with internal teams to understand the process and timelines associated with entering new markets
- Think critically about and advocate for improving the way the energy industry does business today
- Originate and nurture strong, long-term relationships with the energy industry
- Develop sales material for prospect discussions
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- 4+ years’ experience in business development for energy products or software solutions (consulting background is a plus but not essential)
- Experience entering new geographies preferred but not essential
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (in particular Excel and Power Point)
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Team player who is able to get stuck in where needed
- We will consider exceptional and passionate candidates outside of the energy industry or outside of sales
As we move to the high-renewables era, electricity storage is transforming the way the energy industry operates. The energy industry is fast becoming a digital and multidisciplinary sector that provides a fundamental service for modern society, but these needs must be delivered in a socially responsible way. Arenko are using new technology to add flexibility to the grid and secure supply in this fast-changing industry, offering a huge variety of opportunities for the future.
Arenko was founded in January 2014 and we are growing rapidly in an emerging sector. Arenko is a fun, inclusive and fast-paced environment and our team are self-motivated, enthusiastic and take a collaborative approach to help the business develop and grow.
We offer a range of benefits including:
- 25 days annual leave (+ bank holidays)
- Flexible working
- Enhanced parental leave offerings
- Company pension scheme
- Monthly socials, Summer & Christmas Party
- Learning and development opportunities
- Bike to Work Scheme
- A commitment to your individual wellbeing, with access to our Employee Assistance Programme and other wellbeing initiatives.
- Office fruit, snacks and regular catered lunch and learns
Finally, whilst joining a social and hard-working team, you will have access to some of the most prestigious employee competitions of all time: The Arenko Bake off and the annual Arenko Olympics.
Our team is growing, and we would love your help in reinventing the energy system. Please send your CV and Cover letter titled “Business Development Manager” to: firstname.lastname@example.org