Commercial Manager (Software as a Service)
As a Commercial Manager you will be primarily be involved in lead generation, preparing proposals, responding to customer procurement processes, leading sales meetings, and closing contracts for Arenko’s growing Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) business for renewables and energy storage. We are commercialising the next generation of software for the energy transition. As energy storage and generation technology becomes more flexible, the industry needs software to match. We are changing the expensive and inflexible status quo and need your help to educate the energy industry. This is a great opportunity to join the rapidly growing flexibility sector at a leading energy start-up and to begin or continue a career focused on a carbon free future.
- Listen to and collect feedback from customers to inform the ongoing development of Arenko’s products and services
- Think critically about and advocate for improving the way the energy industry does business today
- Develop and own a successful sales process that creates value for Arenko and strong bonds with customers
- Originate and nurture strong, long-term relationships with the UK’s energy industry
- Collaborate with customers, co-workers and external advisors to negotiate and close contracts
- Interpret and distribute sales data and customer needs for various internal and external stakeholders
- Guide the preparation of sales material for existing and future prospects
- Liaise with internal teams to obtain and develop supporting information and project valuations for sales meetings
- Support the account management of existing customers and collaboratively handover new customers
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- 4+ years’ experience selling energy products or services preferred
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (in particular Excel and Power Point)
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Team player who is able to get stuck in where needed
- We will consider exceptional and passionate candidates outside of the energy industry or outside of sales
As we move to the high-renewables era, electricity storage is transforming the way the energy industry operates. The energy industry is fast becoming a digital and multidisciplinary sector that provides a fundamental service for modern society, but these needs must be delivered in a socially responsible way. Arenko are using new technology to add flexibility to the grid and secure supply in this fast-changing industry, offering a huge variety of opportunities for the future.
Arenko was founded in January 2014 and we are growing rapidly in an emerging sector. Arenko is a fun, inclusive and fast-paced environment and our team are self-motivated, enthusiastic and take a collaborative approach to help the business develop and grow.
We offer a range of benefits including:
- 25 days annual leave (+ bank holidays)
- Flexible working
- Enhanced parental leave offerings
- Company pension scheme
- Monthly socials, Summer & Christmas Party
- Learning and development opportunities
- Bike to Work Scheme
- A commitment to your individual wellbeing, with access to our Employee Assistance Programme and other wellbeing initiatives.
- Office fruit, snacks and regular catered lunch and learns
Finally, whilst joining a social and hard-working team, you will have access to some of the most prestigious employee competitions of all time: The Arenko Bake off and the annual Arenko Olympics.
Our team is growing, and we would love your help in reinventing the energy system. Please send your CV and Cover letter titled “Commercial Manager” to: email@example.com