Cyber Security Engineer
The tools and languages we mainly work with are:
- Go for application microservices
- Cassandra for storage
- Docker of service orchestration
- AWS for infrastructure
- GitLab of code management and CI/CD
As part of the Software team, you’ll work closely with team members from across the business to secure our systems and processes from attack across multiple surfaces. You’ll need to lead our team to best industry practices and help us move quickly: the industry and markets we operate in are quickly evolving.
- Lead review processes for code to expose and correct vulnerabilities
- Develop and maintain security quality at all stages or our technology development: Design, Build, Deploy and Review
- Design and implement secure coding practices facilitating but striving beyond compliance with internationally recognised standards and frameworks
- Build GO packages that developers can drop into their projects to be more secure
- Educate the wider company to secure the biggest security threat of them all: People!
- Work in an agile development model with regular stand-ups, planning and stakeholder acceptance checkpoints
- A passionate security advocate
- 5 years + experience
- A highly organised and adaptable team player
- A self-motivated individual with a proven background in critical infrastructure & IOT security
- Experience with Go or any other strongly typed languages
- Experience with AWS and cloud native technologies
- Interested in making a real impact on climate change with innovative technology
As we move to the high-renewables era, electricity storage is transforming the way the energy systems operate. The energy industry is fast becoming a digital and multidisciplinary sector that provides a fundamental service for modern society, but these needs must be delivered in a socially responsible way. Arenko are using new technology to add flexibility to the grid and secure supply in this fast-changing industry, offering a huge variety of opportunities for the future.
Arenko was founded in January 2014 and we are growing rapidly in an emerging sector. Arenko is a fun, passionate, inclusive and fast-paced environment and our team are self-motivated, enthusiastic and take a collaborative approach to help the business develop and grow.
We offer a range of benefits including: 25 days annual leave (+ bank holidays), flexible working arrangements, monthly socials and a commitment to your individual wellbeing, with access to our Employee Assistance Programme and other wellbeing initiatives. Finally, whilst joining a social and hard-working team, you will have access to some of the most prestigious employee competitions of all time: The Arenko Bake off and the annual Arenko Olympics.
Our team is growing, and we would love your help in reinventing the energy system. Please send your CV and Cover letter titled “Cyber Security Engineer” to: firstname.lastname@example.org