Data AnalystApply Here
Role: Data Analyst
Salary: £ Competitive
Reporting to: Senior Data Analyst
Location: Arenko HQ, Chancery Lane, London, WC1x 8AA
As a data analyst at Arenko you will help guide key business and product development decisions. This will enable our users to effectively manage some of the most complex and technologically advanced systems in the world. The Arenko software platform allows us to offer responsive, reliable services to National Grid while also analysing trading markets to optimise the storage and release of energy of assets under our control.
There’s loads of data in the energy markets and your job will be delving into it, extracting insights and creating tools. Your work will involve scoping initiatives with internal stakeholders from the Product and Commercial teams and your Data Science colleagues as well as with our internal energy trading team. The projects will be varied and could include:
- Working with Trading on a new way to price our bids in a new market or analysing portfolio optimisation options
- Working with Commercial to improve multi-year revenue projections for new clients
- Working with Product on a dashboard to track the results of experiments on our software platform
Our primary data stack:
- Python (exploratory work: Pandas, NumPy, matplotlib/plotly)
- Jupyter notebooks
- GitLab for version control and code management
- AWS for infrastructure
- You will be part of the data team, working in two weeks sprints as part of an agile way of working
- You will work with internal stakeholders on key data-driven initiatives: first scoping the work, setting timelines and then delving into the analysis
- You will collaborate with the Data Science team on new models, tools and algorithms used as part of our software platform
- You will work on a wide variety of projects and wide variety of mediums: exploratory analysis, presentations, dashboards
- You will keep up to date with upcoming energy market changes, assessing their impact on the business and suggesting new opportunities
- You will showcase your work to the wider business
- Around 3 or more years experience with a similar role
- Experience carrying out exploratory analysis in Python and contributing to code bases
- Passionate about using data to come up with actionable insights and communicating this to a large audience
- An appreciation of machine-learning and predictive modelling. You will need to be able to run Data Science models and analyse their outputs
- Interested in making a real impact on climate change with innovative technology
- Approach projects in a numerical and data-oriented way
- Enjoys working with a wide variety of people across all levels of the business
As we move to the high-renewables and low carbon era, electricity storage is transforming the way the energy industry operates. The energy industry is fast becoming a digital and multidisciplinary sector that provides a fundamental service for modern society, but these needs must be delivered in a socially responsible way. Arenko is using new technology to add flexibility to the grid and secure supply in this fast-changing industry, offering a huge variety of opportunities for the future.
Arenko was founded in January 2014 and we are growing rapidly in an emerging sector. Arenko is a fun, inclusive and fast-paced environment and our team are self-motivated, enthusiastic and take a collaborative approach to help the business develop and grow.
We offer a range of benefits including:
- 25 days annual leave (+ bank holidays)
- Flexible working (avg. 2 days in the office and regular working from home)
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Enhanced parental leave offerings
- Company pension scheme
- Annual learning and development budget and opportunities
- A commitment to your wellbeing, with access to our Employee Assistance & Bike to Work Schemes
- Monthly socials, Summer, and Christmas party
- Office breakfast, fruit, snacks and catered lunch and learns
- Octopus EV Scheme
Finally, whilst joining a social and hard-working team, you will have access to some of the most prestigious employee competitions of all time: The Arenko Bake off and the annual Arenko Olympics.
Here at Arenko, we want every employee to feel valued, comfortable, and able to be their own free self at work. Together, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and empowers the authentic voices of all our employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or any other aspect that makes you unique.
Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest blogs and/or checkout the news section of our website for more information on what we do:
– LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/arenko-cleantech
– Website https://arenko.group/news/
Our team is growing, and we would love your help in reinventing the energy system.