Batteries and the flexibility they deliver are fundamental to efficiently and securely operate electricity grids with high levels of intermittent renewable generation. As part of Arenko’s Data Science team, you will deliver the intelligence that batteries need to be effective. By exploring the large amounts of data produced by the energy industry, you will be responsible for identifying new opportunities for batteries in a rapidly changing energy landscape. You will develop machine learning models to predict electricity grid risks and constraints to ensure the batteries we operate are ready to address them. You will also collaborate with the rest of the Data Science team to improve Arenko’s autonomous trading decision-making engine.
- Extract meaningful insights and knowledge from data.
- Design, build and tune machine learning models.
- Develop automated anomaly detection and performance tracking systems.
- Build tools to optimise the design and the operation of grid-scale batteries.
- Plan and lead the development of data science projects and initiatives.
- Interact cross-functionally, making business recommendations (e.g. cost-benefit, forecasting analysis) with effective presentation of findings.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to junior data scientists.
- Extensive data analytics working experience.
- In-depth knowledge of machine learning techniques, algorithms and libraries (e.g. Tensorflow, Scikit-learn, etc.).
- Good programming skills, preferably with Python experience.
- Good applied statistic knowledge, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression etc.
- Experience with SQL.
- A self-motivated individual with a proven background in solving problems pragmatically and collaboratively.
- A highly organised and adaptable team player.
- Great communication skills.
- 3-5 years of industry experience.
- Quantitative trading experience.
- Understanding of optimisation techniques and algorithms.
- Experience with Go or any other strongly typed language.
As we move to the high-renewables era, electricity storage is transforming the way the energy industry operates. The energy industry is fast becoming a digital and multidisciplinary sector that provides a fundamental service for modern society, but these needs must be delivered in a socially responsible way. Arenko are using new technology to add flexibility to the grid and secure supply in this fast-changing industry, offering a huge variety of opportunities for the future.
Arenko was founded in January 2014 and we are growing rapidly in an emerging sector. Arenko is a fun, inclusive and fast-paced environment and our team are self-motivated, enthusiastic and take a collaborative approach to help the business develop and grow.
We offer a range of benefits including: 25 days annual leave (+ bank holidays), flexible working arrangements, monthly socials and a commitment to your individual wellbeing, with access to our Employee Assistance Programme and other wellbeing initiatives. Finally, whilst joining a social and hard-working team, you will have access to some of the most prestigious employee competitions of all time: The Arenko Bake off and the annual Arenko Olympics.
If this role sounds like you, please send your CV and Cover Letter with “Data Scientist” in the subject line to: email@example.com