Director of Markets and Policy
As Director of Markets and Policy at Arenko, you will identify new market opportunities and develop world class trading strategies for existing markets. Using your skills and experience, you will unearth and target emerging market opportunities and trading contracts in a variety of new and existing markets. You will work in parallel with the product and commercial teams to generate compelling and innovative market access and trading solutions that will in turn maximise our client’s revenues.
You will develop the best solutions with the freedom and responsibility to bring your ideas to life.
- Responsibility for identifying, developing and accessing new market opportunities for renewables in particular energy storage in the UK and beyond.
- Developing trading and bidding strategies for renewables and energy storage.
- Developing relationships with ESO, TSO, DNOs and Arenko’s customers.
- Supporting contract development and negotiation of market entry contracts with partners and customers.
- Reporting on markets and policy to the wider business, liaising with all teams.
- Leading responses to industry and policy consultations.
- Representing the company at industry events.
- 5+ years of experience in energy markets, trading and policy roles with a proven track record.
- A self-starter and, crucially, a finisher of jobs
- Excellent understanding of the whole energy system
- Highly organised with strong intrapersonal and management skills
- Trading desk experience in the UK (experience in other energy markets is a plus)
- Experience in the understanding of energy market policies and negotiating complex market contracts
- Desire to expand with Arenko into other markets and opportunities
- Ability to look at the markets through a digital future lens
- Passionate about a low carbon future
- Strong team player who is keen to make a difference and enjoys working in a goal-driven environment
Energy storage and renewables are transforming the way the energy industry operates. The energy industry is fast becoming a digital and multidisciplinary sector that provides a fundamental service for modern society, but these needs must be delivered in a socially responsible way. Arenko are using new technology to add flexibility to the grid and secure supply in this fast-changing industry, offering a huge variety of opportunities for the future.
Arenko was founded in January 2014 and we are growing rapidly in an emerging sector. Arenko is a fun, inclusive and fast-paced environment and our team are self-motivated, enthusiastic and take a collaborative approach to help the business develop and grow.
We offer a range of benefits including:
- 25 days annual leave (+ bank holidays)
- Flexible working
- Enhanced parental leave offerings
- Company pension scheme
- Monthly socials, Summer & Christmas Party
- Learning and development opportunities
- A commitment to your individual wellbeing, with access to our Employee Assistance Programme and other wellbeing initiatives.
- Office fruit, snacks and regular catered lunch and learns
Finally, whilst joining a social and hard-working team, you will have access to some of the most prestigious employee competitions of all time: The Arenko Bake off and the annual Arenko Olympics.
Our team is growing, and we would love your help in reinventing the energy system. Please send your CV and Cover letter titled “Director of Markets and Policy” to: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please no recruitment partners at this time*