Paid Internship – 6 months. Gray’s Inn Road, London.
This is crucial to inform operational and investment decision making in a data driven environment. Your primary focus will be researching current and future market information and turning it into business insight alongside the software, trading, technology, commercial and investment teams. This is a great chance to develop expertise at the heart of the emerging flexibility sector, at one of the UK’s leading energy storage companies. The best bit? We have live assets that we control, so your ideas can be turned into action, just as fast as we can code them.
- Analysing upcoming market changes assessing their impact on the business
- Researching and developing models, tools and algorithms with the data science team
- Attending industry events to ensure the business stays ahead of the game
- Working with product, data science, trading & software teams to digitise and radiate this knowledge
- Presenting insight back to the business, and working with relevant teams to understand impacts
- Uncovering new opportunities and pursuing the most promising with the team
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- You combine creative thinking with detailed analytical skills
- You present complex ideas simply
- You have a numerical and data-oriented approach
- You enjoy asking tricky questions and pursuing innovative solutions
- You have experience or interest in coding (e.g. Python) and/or data analysis tools (e.g. Pandas, tableau)
- You have an interest and understanding of energy policy
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM THIS INTERNSHIP
- Hands-on experience in a dynamic team motivated to accelerate the development of sustainable energy systems.
- To develop holistic analytical skills through varied tasks and cooperation with different business units.
- This is not a ‘coffee and copies’ internship; you can expect to have responsibility and ownership from day one.
If you love the challenge and opportunities of a fast-paced team, combined with being a quick learner, organised and an adaptable team player, we believe Arenko is the right place for you.
Our team is growing, and we would love your help in reinventing the energy system. Please send your CV and Cover letter titled “Energy Analyst” to: firstname.lastname@example.org