As a frontend engineer at Arenko you will be developing, maintaining and evolving the user interface of our platform. This will enable our users to effectively manage some of the most agile, complex and technologically advanced systems in the world. With strong attention to detail and a keen-eye for data-driven interfaces you will work closely with our UX designer to deliver an intuitive front end to our micro-services architecture that will help maintain Arenko’s position as a leader in this space.
The energy industry is ever-changing, and our software plays a leading role in the decarbonisation and digitisation of the electricity system. We are in a period of unprecedented growth and are looking for team members to help deliver software that will shape the electricity system of the future.
You will work as part of a dedicated and passionate full stack development team in an agile environment. The team interfaces with the wider company covering a range of sector expertise. You will develop the best solutions with the freedom and responsibility to innovate and bring your ideas to life.
- 3 years or more experience within a similar role
- Experience with:
- Working with SaaS products
- Responsive cross-device web development
- Proficient implementing consistent design systems
- Migration and optimisation of UI components
- Robust controls instrumentation
- Engaging data visualisation
- A self-motivated individual with a proven background in effective frontend development and delivery
- Experience in working in new product deployment and support
CORE SKILLS AND LANGUAGES
As we move to the high-renewables era, electricity storage is transforming the way the energy industry operates. The energy industry is fast becoming a digital and multidisciplinary sector that provides a fundamental service for modern society, but these needs must be delivered in a socially responsible way. Arenko are using new technology to add flexibility to the grid and secure supply in this fast-changing industry, offering a huge variety of opportunities for the future.
Arenko was founded in January 2014 and we are growing rapidly in an emerging sector. Arenko is a fun, inclusive and fast-paced environment and our team are self-motivated, enthusiastic and take a collaborative approach to help the business develop and grow.
We offer a range of benefits including:
- 25 days annual leave (+ bank holidays)
- Flexible working
- Enhanced parental leave offerings
- Company pension scheme
- Monthly socials, Summer & Christmas Party
- Learning and development opportunities
- A commitment to your individual wellbeing, with access to our Employee Assistance Programme and other wellbeing initiatives.
- Office fruit, snacks and regular catered lunch and learns
Finally, whilst joining a social and hard-working team, you will have access to some of the most prestigious employee competitions of all time: The Arenko Bake off and the annual Arenko Olympics.
Our team is growing, and we would love your help in reinventing the energy system. Please send your CV and Cover letter titled “Frontend Engineer” to: email@example.com