Fullstack Software EngineerApply now
As a Fullstack Software Engineer at Arenko, you’ll be part of a team responsible for building and maintaining a cutting-edge Software as a service (SAAS) platform facilitating the evolution of sustainable energy storage systems. This multidisciplinary role will be working within a fast pace agile environment as part of a passionate and talented software team. You will work with Stakeholders from across disciplines creating a beautiful, flexible and efficient platform that our users will use to transform the makeup of modern national electricity grids.
The tools and languages we mainly work with are:
- Go for application microservices
- React for frontend devlopement
- Cassandra for storage
- Docker of service orchestration
- AWS for infrastructure
- GitLab of code management and CI/CD
As part of the Software team, you’ll work closely with team members from across the business to meet the most pressing technical needs. You’ll need to focus on adaptability both personally and with your code as the markets we operate in and the problems we need to solve are quickly evolving.
- Develop high quality microservice applications and accompanying front end interfaces that meet the functional requirements that the business needs
- Integrate your applications into a scalable, fault tolerant ecosystem to add value to the overall platform
- Liaise with our trading and asset management teams to ensure that functionality is meeting the needs of our users
- Integrate our platform with various 3rd party services in a flexible and resilient manner
- Work in an agile development model with regular stand-ups, planning and stakeholder acceptance checkpoints
- Around 3-5 years + experience within a similar role
- A highly organised and adaptable team player
- A self-motivated individual with a proven background in solving problems pragmatically and collaboratively
- Experience with Go or any other strongly typed languages
- Knowledge of tools including ReactJS, NextJS, Webpack, Enzyme, Redux,.
- Experience with CSS pre-processors (LESSor SASS) and experience with popular CSS frameworks.
- Experience with back end (Rest API).
- Experience developing and designing enterprise technology user interface
- Be passionate about design and technology
- Be familiar with open-source tools such at Git, debugging tools.
- Web UI design and development web applications.
- Interested in making a real impact on climate change with innovative technology
As we move to the high-renewables and low carbon era, electricity storage is transforming the way the energy industry operates. The energy industry is fast becoming a digital and multidisciplinary sector that provides a fundamental service for modern society, but these needs must be delivered in a socially responsible way. Arenko are using new technology to add flexibility to the grid and secure supply in this fast-changing industry, offering a huge variety of opportunities for the future.
Arenko was founded in January 2014 and we are growing rapidly in an emerging sector. Arenko is a fun, inclusive and fast-paced environment and our team are self-motivated, enthusiastic and take a collaborative approach to help the business develop and grow.
We offer a range of benefits including:
- 25 days annual leave (+ bank holidays)
- Flexible working (avg. 2 days in the office and regular working from home)
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Enhanced parental leave offerings
- Company pension scheme
- Annual learning and development budget and opportunities
- A commitment to your wellbeing, with access to our Employee Assistance & Bike to Work Scheme’s
- Monthly socials, Summer, and Christmas party
- Office breakfast, fruit, snacks and catered lunch and learns
Finally, whilst joining a social and hard-working team, you will have access to some of the most prestigious employee competitions of all time: The Arenko Bake off and the annual Arenko Olympics.
Here at Arenko, we want every employee to feel valued, comfortable, and able to be their own free self at work. Together, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and empowers the authentic voices of all our employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or any other aspect that makes you unique.
Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest blogs and/or checkout the news section of our website for more information on what we do:
– Website https://arenko.group/news/
Our team is growing, and we would love your help in reinventing the energy system.Apply now