Project EngineerApply Here
As Project Engineer, you’ll have a dynamic technical role and be primarily responsible for providing technical support to our customers throughout the battery project lifecycle from development to commissioning and operation. This enables our clients to make informed decisions and navigate the complex battery energy storage sector.
The energy industry is ever-changing and our software plays a leading role in the decarbonisation and digitisation of the electricity system. We are in a period of unprecedented growth and are looking for enthusiastic team members to help bring new assets onto our market leading platform.
You will sit within Arenko’s close-knit Project Services team and work collaboratively with our Senior Engineer and Project Managers. The goal of this team is to accelerate the growth of new energy storage projects and provide our clients with technical support to compliment our trading services. This will include engagement with suppliers and other third parties working across in the energy storage and electrical infrastructure sector.
- Work in a collaborative team to achieve a broad array of technical milestones for battery systems in the UK from development to operation
- Provide client-facing technical services and reporting
- Liaise with National Grid/DNO’s to understand grid connection availability and constraints
- Provide technical input for grid connection applications
- Use AutoCAD to draft layouts, elevations and single line diagrams for energy storage projects
- Review EPC, equipment supply and O&M proposals from contractors
- Review and understand the design of customer’s projects and how this impacts our trading activities
- Coordinate with customers during the commissioning phase of projects
- Assist market pre-qualification testing, registration and interfacing with the Independent Technical Expert (ITE)
- Liaise with software and product teams to help improve our services and technology
- A highly organised and adaptable team player that is self-motivated with a passion for solving problems pragmatically and collaboratively
- Degree in engineering subject (ideally electrical engineering)
- Proven hands-on electrical experience (3+ years) in the renewable energy/storage sector either as a developer, contractor, equipment provider, technical consultant or similar
- Technical experience of battery energy storage systems
- Understanding of high voltage equipment & UK electricity network connections
- Experience analysing large datasets (solar PV, wind or battery storage performance reviews are ideal)
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with suppliers and customers
- Excellent literacy and numeracy, with competence translating this into internal and client-facing reports
- Commitment to safe working on and off site
- Intent on making a real impact to climate change with innovative technology
- Experience with AutoCAD
- Experience with Python
- Knowledge of Grid Code/G99 requirements
- Experience in construction and commissioning phase of renewable/energy storage projects
As we move to the high-renewables and low carbon era, electricity storage is transforming the way the energy industry operates. The energy industry is fast becoming a digital and multidisciplinary sector that provides a fundamental service for modern society, but these needs must be delivered in a socially responsible way. Arenko are using new technology to add flexibility to the grid and secure supply in this fast-changing industry, offering a huge variety of opportunities for the future.
Arenko was founded in January 2014 and we are growing rapidly in an emerging sector. Arenko is a fun, inclusive and fast-paced environment and our team are self-motivated, enthusiastic and take a collaborative approach to help the business develop and grow.
We offer a range of benefits including:
- 25 days annual leave (+ bank holidays)
- Flexible working – avg. of 2 days in the office and regular home working
- Enhanced parental leave offerings
- Company pension scheme
- Annual learning and development opportunities
- Bike to Work Scheme
- A commitment to your wellbeing, with access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Monthly socials, Summer, and Christmas party
- Office breakfast, fruit, snacks and catered lunch and learns
Finally, whilst joining a social and hard-working team, you will have access to some of the most prestigious employee competitions of all time: The Arenko Bake off and the annual Arenko Olympics.
Here at Arenko, we want every employee to feel valued, comfortable, and able to be their own free self at work. Together, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and empowers the authentic voices of all our employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or any other aspect that makes you unique.
Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest blogs and/or checkout the news section of our website for more information on what we do:
– Website https://arenko.group/news/
Our team is growing, and we would love your help in reinventing the energy systemApply Here