Software Testing Engineer
Arenko are hiring a Software Test Engineer to help improve our leading software and AI platform. You will work alongside and collaborate with users, product, business analysts and the software development team. You will be responsible for conducting automated and manual tests to ensure the software created by the software development team is fit for purpose and any bugs or issues are removed within products before they are deployed. This role is integral to the creation of software systems and technical products.
The energy industry is ever-changing, and our software plays a leading role in the decarbonisation and digitisation of the electricity system. This is great opportunity for a Software Test Engineer to join our expanding Product team in pursuit of achieving Arenko’s mission of a zero-carbon grid worldwide.
- Prepare and create test plans, test cases and test scripts
- Ensure software meets functional, system and regulatory requirements
- Identify, report and log software faults, enabling corrective action to be taken
- Work closely with the Software Development Team and Product Team to resolve defects
- Perform regression testing when software faults are resolved
- Investigate and analyse production issues
- Learn, understand, and stay up to date with in-house testing tools and strategies
- Sharing knowledge within the development team to develop your skills and competencies and those of your teammates
- Identifying new technologies, tools and approaches to help continually improve standards and quality
- Writing UI automation tests
- Coordinating exploratory testing sessions
- Monitoring and prioritising bugs
- Keeping the development team focused on a quality first mindset
- Good verbal skills, with the ability to communicate with all levels of staff and management, and participate in customer and in-house meetings/workshops
- Good software testing skills
- Experience of using source code control
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to build working relationships
- Ability to multi-task
- Good presentational skills
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
- At least 3 years of experience in working as a software test engineer preferably in a commercial software delivery environment
- A history of supporting successful projects
- A good understanding of the software development and testing lifecycle
- Experience of Jira, Gitlab or a similar bug tracking system
- Knowledge of different testing methodologies such as Acceptance Testing, System Testing, Integration Testing and Regression Testing
- Experience of working with technical delivery teams to meet functional requirements
- Previous energy markets experience is an advantage but not essential
As we move to the high-renewables era, electricity storage is transforming the way the energy industry operates. The energy industry is fast becoming a digital and multidisciplinary sector that provides a fundamental service for modern society, but these needs must be delivered in a socially responsible way. Arenko are using new technology to add flexibility to the grid and secure supply in this fast-changing industry, offering a huge variety of opportunities for the future.
Arenko was founded in January 2014 and we are growing rapidly in an emerging sector. Arenko is a fun, inclusive and fast-paced environment and our team are self-motivated, enthusiastic and take a collaborative approach to help the business develop and grow.
We offer a range of benefits including:
- 25 days annual leave (+ bank holidays)
- Flexible working
- Enhanced parental leave offerings
- Company pension scheme
- Monthly socials, Summer & Christmas Party
- Learning and development opportunities
- Bike to Work Scheme
- A commitment to your wellbeing, with access to our Employee Assistance Programme and other wellbeing initiatives.
- Office fruit, snacks and regular catered lunch and learns
Finally, whilst joining a social and hard-working team, you will have access to some of the most prestigious employee competitions of all time: The Arenko Bake off and the annual Arenko Olympics.
Our team is growing, and we would love your help in reinventing the energy system. Please send your CV and Cover letter titled “Software Testing Engineer” to: firstname.lastname@example.org