Technical WriterApply Here
As Technical Writer at Arenko, you will be responsible for the delivery of our documentation including knowledge base articles, training programmes and quick start guides for our innovative software platform which controls some of the most agile, complex and technologically advanced systems in the world. Technologically savvy and highly organised, you will be responsible for pulling together the required technical knowledge from across the business to communicate it clearly, concisely and accurately.
The energy industry is ever-changing, and our software plays a leading role in the decarbonisation and digitisation of the electricity system. Your role will require close collaboration and building strong working relationships with the product, software, trading, commercial and support teams to develop world-class documentation.
- Create and improve user-oriented documentation to make using our product easy for new clients
- Ensure that the content is user-friendly and provides insights that match the users’ goals
- Provide editorial advice and support for new content creation by the Knowledge Centre team
- Oversee the knowledge centre, ensuring that all published content adheres to style and branding guidelines
- Proactively engage with stakeholders to gather feedback to help keep our content up-to-date and relevant
- In cooperation with other Knowledge Centre team members, provide customer support to internal and external users to gain an understanding of their objectives, workflows and pain points, and tailor the help content accordingly
- Become a proficient user of our platform so that you can translate complex information into simple and engaging content
- Collaborate, review and edit internal documentation written by other teams
- Carry out training sessions on the use of our platform with internal and external customers (optional)
- Around 4 years’ experience in writing technical documentation for a software product, ideally in a SaaS environment
- Passionate about documentation and helping users, with a keen eye for detail
- A highly organised, independent and adaptable team player, balancing a range of demands on your time while keeping to deadlines and producing content on a regular basis
- A self-motivated individual with a proven background in technical writing and providing online user guides
- Positive and patient attitude and the ability to multitask and stay calm in high-pressure situations
- Understanding of customer relationship management (CRM) principles
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience within the energy sector, commodity trading or customer services is ideal but not necessary
As we move to the high-renewables and low carbon era, electricity storage is transforming the way the energy industry operates. The energy industry is fast becoming a digital and multidisciplinary sector that provides a fundamental service for modern society, but these needs must be delivered in a socially responsible way. Arenko are using new technology to add flexibility to the grid and secure supply in this fast-changing industry, offering a huge variety of opportunities for the future.
Arenko was founded in January 2014 and we are growing rapidly in an emerging sector. Arenko is a fun, inclusive and fast-paced environment and our team are self-motivated, enthusiastic and take a collaborative approach to help the business develop and grow.
We offer a range of benefits including:
- 25 days annual leave (+ bank holidays)
- Flexible working
- Enhanced parental leave offerings
- Company pension scheme
- Annual learning and development opportunities
- Bike to Work Scheme
- A commitment to your wellbeing, with access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Monthly socials, Summer, and Christmas party
- Office breakfast, fruit, snacks and catered lunch and learns
- Octopus EV Scheme
Finally, whilst joining a social and hard-working team, you will have access to some of the most prestigious employee competitions of all time: The Arenko Bake off and the annual Arenko Olympics.
Here at Arenko, we want every employee to feel valued, comfortable, and able to be their own free self at work. Together, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and empowers the authentic voices of all our employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or any other aspect that makes you unique.
Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest blogs and/or checkout the news section of our website for more information on what we do:
– Website https://arenko.group/news/
Our team is growing, and we would love your help in reinventing the energy system.Apply Here