UX Product Designer
As a UX Designer at Arenko, you will be responsible for the overall user experience of Arenko’s technology platforms. You’ll be working closely with the Product Team and take the lead in defining and delivering a new user experience for our existing software.
The energy industry is ever-changing, and our software platform plays a leading role in the decarbonisation and digitisation of the electricity system. Your role will be key to ensuring that all client touch points are industry leading experiences.
All these tasks are performed in close collaboration with software and product teams. You will work with the CPO and Product Manager to design and implement a world class experience for our software.
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows, site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Responsible for designing and implementing small and large scale digital initiatives driven by user needs.
- Continuously enhance knowledge and keep up with emerging trends in design.
- Use a high degree of technical judgement to resolve design challenges.
- Collaborate with team members and clients to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience.
- Create prototypes that can communicate to clients/customers for user testing.
- Designing key customer journeys for web and platform software
- Presenting designs and explaining rationale to stakeholders
- Working with developers to deliver best possible customer experience
- Facilitating co-creation sessions to define the problem and solution
- Evolve the UI Toolkit in line with latest standards and best practices
- Help shape the future strategy for the user experience
- Around 5 years’ experience within a similar role
- A highly organised and adaptable team player with excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Comfortable with understanding and using data and customer feedback to guide design decisions
- Monitoring user metrics to identify areas for improvement
- A self-motivated individual who is comfortable dealing with complex and ambiguous problems and facilitating solutions
- Strong team player who is keen to make a difference and enjoys working in a goal-driven environment
- Graphical, written and verbal communication skills with an attention to detail
- Happy working at conceptual and detailed levels – adjusting techniques and approaches as necessary
- Ability to communicate clearly with technical and non-technical colleagues across the business
As we move to the high-renewables era, electricity storage is transforming the way the energy industry operates. The energy industry is fast becoming a digital and multidisciplinary sector that provides a fundamental service for modern society, but these needs must be delivered in a socially responsible way. Arenko are using new technology to add flexibility to the grid and secure supply in this fast-changing industry, offering a huge variety of opportunities for the future.
Arenko was founded in January 2014 and we are growing rapidly in an emerging sector. Arenko is a fun, inclusive and fast-paced environment and our team are self-motivated, enthusiastic and take a collaborative approach to help the business develop and grow.
We offer a range of benefits including: 25 days annual leave (+ bank holidays), flexible working arrangements, monthly socials and a commitment to your individual wellbeing, with access to our Employee Assistance Programme and other wellbeing initiatives. Finally, whilst joining a social and hard-working team, you will have access to some of the most prestigious employee competitions of all time: The Arenko Bake off and the annual Arenko Olympics.
Our team is growing, and we would love your help in reinventing the energy system. Please send your CV and Cover letter titled “UX Product Designer” to: firstname.lastname@example.org