Data AnalystApply Here
Only with deep insight can we enable a shift to a green energy grid, as the intermittency of renewable energy requires sophisticated algorithms and analytics to function optimally. As such, the future of energy trading lies in market prediction and automation.
As a Data Analyst at Arenko, you will work with the data science and commercial teams to extract insights from the vast amount of data being generated across the energy industry.
Your focuses will be both on current markets, and analysis into the viability of future, and international markets. You will work with the commercial team to optimise future business investments and partnership opportunities. You will work with the trading team to analyse market conditions and investigate abnormal market events. You will work closely with the data science team, helping them build out tools for analytics, and ensuring that analysis work and its learnings are smoothly integrated into our platform and disseminated to relevant teams.
- Extract meaningful insights and knowledge from data
- Exploring new opportunities and pursuing the most promising with the team
- Analysing upcoming market changes, assessing their impact on the business
- Researching and developing models, tools and algorithms with the data science team
- Attending industry events to ensure the business stays ahead of the game
- Working with product, data science, trading, commercial & software teams to radiate this knowledge
- Presenting insight back to the business, and working with relevant teams to understand impacts
- 3+ years of industry experience in an analyst or similar position
- Experience coding, preferably with Python
- Strong desire to automate and create tooling to reduce manual re-analysis
- You combine creative thinking with detailed analytical skills
- You present complex ideas simply
- You have a numerical and data-oriented approach
- You enjoy asking tricky questions and pursuing innovative solutions
- You have an interest and understanding of energy markets
As we move to the high-renewables and low carbon era, electricity storage is transforming the way the energy industry operates. The energy industry is fast becoming a digital and multidisciplinary sector that provides a fundamental service for modern society, but these needs must be delivered in a socially responsible way. Arenko are using new technology to add flexibility to the grid and secure supply in this fast-changing industry, offering a huge variety of opportunities for the future.
Arenko was founded in January 2014 and we are growing rapidly in an emerging sector. Arenko is a fun, inclusive and fast-paced environment and our team are self-motivated, enthusiastic and take a collaborative approach to help the business develop and grow.
We offer a range of benefits including:
- 25 days annual leave (+ bank holidays)
- Flexible working (avg. 2 days in the office and regular working from home)
- Enhanced parental leave offerings
- Company pension scheme
- Annual learning and development budget and opportunities
- A commitment to your wellbeing, with access to our Employee Assistance & Bike to Work Scheme’s
- Monthly socials, Summer, and Christmas party
- Office breakfast, fruit, snacks and catered lunch and learns
Finally, whilst joining a social and hard-working team, you will have access to some of the most prestigious employee competitions of all time: The Arenko Bake off and the annual Arenko Olympics.
Here at Arenko, we want every employee to feel valued, comfortable, and able to be their own free self at work. Together, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and empowers the authentic voices of all our employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or any other aspect that makes you unique.
Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest blogs and/or checkout the news section of our website for more information on what we do:
– Website https://arenko.group/news/
Our team is growing, and we would love your help in reinventing the energy system.Apply Here