Energy Trading Analyst
This is a great opportunity join the rapidly growing flexibility sector, at one of the UK’s leading energy storage companies and to begin or continue a career focused on a carbon free future as well as the transition into more algorithmic trading in the market.
- Validating P&L reports for assets under management
- Completing a wide range of asset performance, market and competitor analysis
- Generating new ideas for improvements to algorithmic analytical approach
- Dynamically running ad-hoc analytics to meet customer needs
- Developing price recommendations for ancillary service tenders
- Working with departments within the company (Sales, software and product) to better develop the Arenko Trading Services offering
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong analytical and statistical knowledge. Degree in either Mathematics, Statistics or Economics preferred.
- Proficient in MS Excel with good knowledge of Python or equivalent programming language
- Experience in an analytical function within the UK Power markets, preferably with exposure to renewables
- Team player who is able to get stuck in where needed
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
- Hands-on experience in a dynamic team motivated to accelerate the development of sustainable energy systems
- Exposure to new markets and interaction with a variety of stakeholders within the industry
- Responsibility and ownership from day one
- If you love the challenge and opportunities of a fast-paced team, combined with being a quick learner, organised and an adaptable team player, we believe Arenko is the right place for you.
As we move to the high-renewables era, electricity storage is transforming the way the energy industry operates. The energy industry is fast becoming a digital and multidisciplinary sector that provides a fundamental service for modern society, but these needs must be delivered in a socially responsible way. Arenko are using new technology to add flexibility to the grid and secure supply in this fast-changing industry, offering a huge variety of opportunities for the future.
Arenko was founded in January 2014 and we are growing rapidly in an emerging sector. Arenko is a fun, inclusive and fast-paced environment and our team are self-motivated, enthusiastic and take a collaborative approach to help the business develop and grow.
We offer a range of benefits including:
- 25 days annual leave (+ bank holidays)
- Flexible working
- Enhanced parental leave offerings
- Company pension scheme
- Monthly socials, Summer & Christmas Party
- Learning and development opportunities
- A commitment to your individual wellbeing, with access to our Employee Assistance Programme and other wellbeing initiatives.
- Office fruit, snacks and regular catered lunch and learns
Finally, whilst joining a social and hard-working team, you will have access to some of the most prestigious employee competitions of all time: The Arenko Bake off and the annual Arenko Olympics.
Our team is growing, and we would love your help in reinventing the energy system. Please send your CV and Cover letter titled “Energy Trading Analyst” to: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please no recruitment partners*