Head of SoftwareApple Here
As the Head of Software at Arenko, you’ll be growth and leading a team responsible for building and maintaining a cutting-edge Software as a service (SAAS) platform. Our market leading product is facilitating the evolution of modern, low-carbon electricity networks by controlling large scale energy storage systems. This is an exciting role managing a passionate and talented software engineering team within a dynamic agile environment. Reporting to the CTO you will work with a passionate and dedicated engineering team to help shape the product and lead the team to deliver an evolving product to match company growth and meet challenging technical needs of a fast-paced industry.
- Manage and lead a growing team of software engineers (10-15 in Q4 2021) to develop high quality systems controlling critical infrastructure
- Plan future resource requirements to deliver against company growth and Product requirements.
- Promote and implement best practise for effective PAAS software development and operation with a growing customer base.
- Support team development of soft and hard skills to maintain a passionate and effective team.
- Around 10 years + experience within a similar role
- A highly organised and adaptable leader
- Extensive experience building effective software development teams
- Extensive experience in software design, development of cloud based, technical customer orientated platforms. Our current tech stack:
- Go microservices, Cassandra for storage, Docker for service orchestration, AWS for infrastructure & GitLab of code management.
- Be passionate about design and technology and applying best practise and change management.
- Interested in making a real impact on climate change with innovative technology
As we move to the high-renewables era, electricity storage is transforming the way the energy industry operates. The energy industry is fast becoming a digital and multidisciplinary sector that provides a fundamental service for modern society, but these needs must be delivered in a socially responsible way. Arenko are using new technology to add flexibility to the grid and secure supply in this fast-changing industry, offering a huge variety of opportunities for the future.
Arenko was founded in January 2014 and we are growing rapidly in an emerging sector. Arenko is a fun, inclusive and fast-paced environment and our team are self-motivated, enthusiastic and take a collaborative approach to help the business develop and grow.
We offer a range of benefits including:
- 25 days annual leave (+ bank holidays)
- Flexible and remote working options
- Enhanced parental leave offerings
- Company pension scheme
- Learning and development opportunities
- A commitment to your individual wellbeing, with access to our Employee Assistance Programme and other wellbeing initiatives
- Monthly socials, Summer and Christmas Party
- Office fruit, snacks and regular catered lunch and learns
Finally, whilst joining a social and hard-working team, you will have access to some of the most prestigious employee competitions of all time: The Arenko Bake off and the annual Arenko Olympics.
Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest blogs and/or checkout the news section of our website for more information on what we do:
– Website https://arenko.group/news/
Our team is growing, and we would love your help in reinventing the energy system.Apple Here