Infrastructure EngineerApply now
As an Infrastructure Engineer at Arenko, you’ll be part of a team responsible for building and maintaining a high quality software platform that controls modern energy storage. This software platform allows us to offer responsive, reliable services to Electricity grid operators (National Grid in the UK) while also analysing trading markets to optimise the revenue of assets under our control. In charge of developing and maintaining our AWS and associated infrastructure you will be a critical part of a dynamic, passionate and talented software team from across disciplines creating a flexible and efficient platform that is used to transform the makeup of modern national electricity grids.
The tools and languages we mainly work with are:
- AWS for infrastructure
- Terraform for IaC
- Go for application microservices
- Cassandra for storage
- Docker for service orchestration
- GitLab for code management and CI/CD
As part of the Software team, you’ll work closely with team members from across the business to meet the most pressing technical needs. You’ll need to focus on adaptability both personally and with your code as the markets we operate in and the problems we need to solve are quickly evolving.
- Architect and develop robust and secure cloud infrastructure
- Lead on developing automation systems that will allow the team to build, test and deploy code as quickly as possible, increasing resilience and stability of our platform
- Liaise with our trading and asset management teams to ensure that functionality is meeting the needs of our users
- Integrate our platform with various 3rd party services in a flexible and resilient manner
- Work in an agile development model with regular stand-ups, planning and stakeholder acceptance checkpoints
- Around 3-5 years + experience within a similar role
- A highly organised and adaptable team player
- A self-motivated individual with a proven background in solving problems pragmatically and collaboratively
- Experience with AWS or similar cloud platforms
- A good understanding of networking and security principles
- Experience with microservice architectures with a focus on continuous integration and delivery
- Interested in making a real impact on climate change with innovative technology
As we move to the high-renewables and low carbon era, electricity storage is transforming the way the energy industry operates. The energy industry is fast becoming a digital and multidisciplinary sector that provides a fundamental service for modern society, but these needs must be delivered in a socially responsible way. Arenko are using new technology to add flexibility to the grid and secure supply in this fast-changing industry, offering a huge variety of opportunities for the future.
Arenko was founded in January 2014 and we are growing rapidly in an emerging sector. Arenko is a fun, inclusive and fast-paced environment and our team are self-motivated, enthusiastic and take a collaborative approach to help the business develop and grow.
We offer a range of benefits including:
- 25 days annual leave (+ bank holidays)
- Flexible working (avg. 2 days in the office and regular working from home)
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Enhanced parental leave offerings
- Company pension scheme
- Annual learning and development budget and opportunities
- A commitment to your wellbeing, with access to our Employee Assistance & Bike to Work Scheme’s
- Monthly socials, Summer, and Christmas party
- Office breakfast, fruit, snacks and catered lunch and learns
Finally, whilst joining a social and hard-working team, you will have access to some of the most prestigious employee competitions of all time: The Arenko Bake off and the annual Arenko Olympics.
Here at Arenko, we want every employee to feel valued, comfortable, and able to be their own free self at work. Together, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and empowers the authentic voices of all our employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or any other aspect that makes you unique.
Please follow us on LinkedIn for the latest blogs and/or checkout the news section of our website for more information on what we do:
– Website https://arenko.group/news/
Our team is growing, and we would love your help in reinventing the energy system.Apply now