Senior TraderApply Here
As Senior Trader at Arenko, you will be responsible for maximising trading revenues across all markets. Using your skills and experience, you will unearth commercial opportunities in a variety of markets. You will work in parallel with the product, software, commercial teams to generate compelling business cases and develop the Arenko platform.
You will ensure that some of the most exciting and technologically advanced assets in the world reach their full potential and generate maximum revenue.
- Trading client’s assets into wholesale and ancillary markets.
- To maximise the revenues of client’s assets within the parameters of the contract.
- To develop and seek approval for innovative trading strategies that get the most out of the flexibility within the assets.
- To carefully manage the assets’s financial exposure and risk
- To work with the product and software teams to futher develop Arenko’s platform.
- To develop relationships with TSOs, DNOs and other new and/or existing customers.
- To prepare and submit bidding strategies for ancillary markets
- Provide support to the commercial team to provide product demos and negotiate service contracts with partners and customers
- To work to promote and advance the interests of the company and its group
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role of consisting of energy trading
- Battery trading and renewables trading experience advantageous
- Strong quantitative skills
- A self-starter and, crucially, a finisher of jobs
- Excellent understanding of the whole energy system
- Highly organised with strong intrapersonal skills
- Experience of negotiating complex commercial contracts
- Strong team player who is keen to make a difference and enjoys working in a goal-driven environment
As we move to the high-renewables era, electricity storage is transforming the way the energy industry operates. The energy industry is fast becoming a digital and multidisciplinary sector that provides a fundamental service for modern society, but these needs must be delivered in a socially responsible way. Arenko are using new technology to add flexibility to the grid and secure supply in this fast-changing industry, offering a huge variety of opportunities for the future.
Arenko was founded in January 2014 and we are growing rapidly in an emerging sector. Arenko is a fun, inclusive and fast-paced environment and our team are self-motivated, enthusiastic and take a collaborative approach to help the business develop and grow.
We offer a range of benefits including:
- 25 days annual leave (+ bank holidays)
- Flexible working
- Enhanced parental leave offerings
- Company pension scheme
- Monthly socials, Summer & Christmas Party
- Learning and development opportunities
- Bike to Work Scheme
- A commitment to your individual wellbeing, with access to our Employee Assistance Programme and other wellbeing initiatives.
- Office fruit, snacks and regular catered lunch and learns
Finally, whilst joining a social and hard-working team, you will have access to some of the most prestigious employee competitions of all time: The Arenko Bake off and the annual Arenko Olympics.
Our team is growing, and we would love your help in reinventing the energy system.Apply Here